#BookBlogWriMo Wrap-Up

Well, it's now November 30, and BookBlogWriMo is over! Today's prompt is essentially a reflection post, so in spite of how truly exhausted I am right now (I'm still scrambling to catch up on NaNoWriMo before the clock strikes twelve!), it's time for some retrospection!

I stumbled onto BookBlogWriMo late, so there was never any chance of me hitting the "publish every post on the proper day" aspect of the challenge--which, of course, one could argue was the entire point of the challenge. I fell ludicrously behind schedule this month, and since around the seventeenth, I've been almost hopelessly racing to get words on the screen for book BookBlogWriMo and NaNoWriMo (after spending the first half of the month on other projects, from frivilously wasting my time with my new obsession, Crusader Kings II, to reorganizing my overflowing--and overwhelming--collection of books), and so I've been doing a lot of post-dating while playing catch-up.

On the one hand, I kind of feel like a horrible cheater, because "Just post the posts on the day they should be posted!" was pretty much the only requirement of the challenge, and I couldn't even handle that. On the other hand... this is much more than I've managed to post in a while, so I don't really mind the guilty feeling if it comes with a productive satisfaction!

As for whether I'd like to participate in a challenge like this again... well, that's hard to say. I enjoyed the prompts, but attempting to do both NaNo and BookBlogWriMo may have been a bad idea in the sense of biting off more than I could chew. (Not that I'm giving up on NaNo; I'm super close to the finish line, and I'm not sleeping until I get there!) So if BookBlogWriMo happens again in 2015, I fear I may not be able to participate. I really don't want to stress myself out too much, and I think two WriMo projects in one month might be too overwhelming.

But if the challenge is resurrected in some other month of the year, I'm almost certainly down to give it another go (assuming it has different prompts than the ones used this month)!

So what about you? Did you participate in BookBlogWriMo, or would you be interested in participating in the future? And as for my posts, let me know what you thought of them--interesting, lame, repetitive, or something else? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

And if you missed any BookBlogWriMo posts, you can check them all out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Professional Reader

Follow the Blog

Follow

follow us in feedly
© 2012 - 2017 Amara Tanith. Powered by Blogger.

Support the Blog

Amara's Eden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.